Castore exists for one single reason – to make athletes better. Our ethos is built upon the philosophy of BETTER NEVER STOPS, an ideal deeply infused in our DNA and something we strive to live every single day. We utilise advanced engineering and unique technical fabrics to create the highest quality sportswear in the world for athletes who demand the very best. Designed with a passion for innovation with specialist features to help to optimise athletic performance in all conditions.
The founders’ vision is to build Castore into a brand respected across the globe for a deep and unrelenting commitment to engineering the highest quality sportswear in the world, with no stone left unturned in its search for innovation and performance enhancement.
The sportswear market has been dominated by a small clique of mass-market brands and the vision is for Castore to be a premium alternative to these, the natural brand of choice for discerning athletes who demand the very best.
Accountable for the development of seasonally relevant teamwear apparel collections which are aligned to the commercial brief and the product range-plans.
Provides comprehensive support for all aspects of apparel development to achieve delivery and quality in line with business expectations. Understands and adheres to key dates and gates so that orders can be placed on-time and according to the seasonal calendar.
• Manages the successful completion of delivery priorities within allocated collections.
• Meets output of work and key event stages within the critical path framework, raise delay concerns to line Manager in a timely manner ensuring impact to delivery can be minimised.
• Delivers and maintains the highest possible standards for all apparel throughout every stage of the product development cycle from CAD lock down to production seal, ensuring Castore quality, fit standards and cost expectations are achieved.
• Responsible for the accuracy of information and timeliness within tech pack files and department tracking tools adopting a right first-time approach to development.
• Ensures information distributed externally is accurate and contains the information necessary for ease of understanding by factories, including but not limited to Design, Tech & Artwork files, CP, Tracking documents and cost information.
Skills & Qualities
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years Product development experience working in similar business environment or able to demonstrate transferable skills.
• Good knowledge of the product development process.
• Computer literacy Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Illustrator.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to ensure information, facts and figures are accurate and free from mistakes.
• Experience working cross-functionally, liaising with peer groups across a business to drive efficiencies and results.
• Working within strict deadlines and able to be adaptive to changes.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-changing business environment with the ability to respond as needed within an appropriate timeframe.
• Hold a relevant fashion or textile degree.
•Requires excellent interpersonal skills, must be approachable, personable with a positive attitude, willing to help and provide support as needed. A team player
•Excellent written Communication, ability to present ideas on paper clearly, concisely, and accurately.
•Able to make decisions on work issues that impact the successful completion of tasks.
•Ability to analyse data and trends and use as a basis to solve problems.
•Flexible approach and willingness to further learn
•Have a Better Never Stops Attitude
•Ability to travel and work effectively across multiple cultures as and when required.
•Passion for the brand
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Modern city centre offices in Manchester
- An opportunity to work with global sporting partners
- Office breakout space with pool tables, dart board and TV’s
- A chance to build a career with a fast paced, high growth brand
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous staff discount