Castore exists for one single reason – to make athletes better. Our ethos is built upon the philosophy of BETTER NEVER STOPS, an ideal deeply infused in our DNA and something we strive to live every single day. We utilise advanced engineering and unique technical fabrics to create the highest quality sportswear in the world for athletes who demand the very best. Designed with a passion for innovation with specialist features to help to optimise athletic performance in all conditions.
The founders’ vision is to build Castore into a brand respected across the globe for a deep and unrelenting commitment to engineering the highest quality sportswear in the world, with no stone left unturned in its search for innovation and performance enhancement.
The sportswear market has been dominated by a small clique of mass-market brands and the vision is for Castore to be a premium alternative to these, the natural brand of choice for discerning athletes who demand the very best.
What’s the Job?
As a Supervisor you are the ultimate Service Role Model in our store. Along with the Managers you are responsible for creating a world class shopping environment for our customers. You lead the team setting the pace, driving the productivity whilst maintaining a positive and fun environment. You inspire the teams by showcasing what great looks like.
You will be responsible for leading the team day to day, in all areas of the store, deputising for the Managers, ensuring both the sales floor and behind the scenes runs smoothly. You are an excellent communicator and always work with pace and authority getting the best from the team.
What will I do?
• Supervise team members in duties and performance, providing feedback where necessary and reporting team strengths and weaknesses to management.
• Motivate, guides, and mentors team members to exceed goals and creates a positive environment during shifts.
• Train new team members in company standards, customer service, and job duties.
• Work with other supervisors and management to set and evaluate stock, logistics, projects, and overall goals.
• Clearly communicates with and directs the team to ensure all tasks are delivered.
• Drives any business initiatives and encourages and supports the team to deliver the targets set e.g. email capture.
• Supports the Managers to achieve all targets set for the team.
• Builds relationships across the Business to share best practice.
• Make commercial decisions and suggestions to improve Business performance.
• Drives the team to ensure l Store standards meet the Company expectation, creating the right shopping experience for our customers Ensures the team deliver “all sizes out” and escalates to the Managers, any issues that prevent the stock being there for our customers.
• Uses all Business reports available to effectively identify risks and opportunities and can use the reports on store visits.
• Aware of what the competition is doing on the high street, and Internet supporting the Managers to ensure we are always a step ahead, providing a unique shopping experience
Developing the Best:
• Takes ownership of your own development acting as a role model for the team
• You support the Manager recruit new team members, and act as a coach for them.
• Helps the Managers create a culture where wellbeing matters, good performance is rewarded and recognised and builds a community which people want to be part of.
• Can adapt your style and approach to fit the needs of the team, understanding how your actions might impact some individuals.
• Able to spot potential risks and takes action where appropriate always, escalating them to a Manager
• Takes accountability for the Health and Safety of customers and the team, taking action to reduce risks where appropriate and there by supporting the Managers to meet all H&S requirements
• Supports the operational running of the store, holding the store and leading the team, acting as a key holder and ensuring that all procedures are adhered to
• Is aware of the impact that Stock-loss and markdown’s have on the store and supports controlling this
• You are aware of the day to day in store planning the weeks ahead that are relevant to your role ensuring the team are in place and aware of future events coming up i.e. stock takes, layout changes promotional activity, etc.
• You embrace new technology, and Business initiatives coaching the team to understand the importance and commercial impact of moving to be a multichannel brand, allowing customers to shop online and in store.
What skills and qualities will I need?
- Ideally have worked within a supervisory or management role in a customer facing environment
- Retail exposure beneficial
- The ability to thrive in a sales targeted environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to use your initiative to solve problems
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to change
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Excellent team player
- Passion for the brand
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- An opportunity to work with global sporting partners
- A chance to build a career with a fast paced, high growth brand