Castore exists for one single reason – to make athletes better. Our ethos is built upon the philosophy of BETTER NEVER STOPS, an ideal deeply infused in our DNA and something we strive to live every single day. We utilise advanced engineering and unique technical fabrics to create the highest quality sportswear in the world for athletes who demand the very best. Designed with a passion for innovation with specialist features to help to optimise athletic performance in all conditions.
The founders’ vision is to build Castore into a brand respected across the globe for a deep and unrelenting commitment to engineering the highest quality sportswear in the world, with no stone left unturned in its search for innovation and performance enhancement.
The sportswear market has been dominated by a small clique of mass-market brands and the vision is for Castore to be a premium alternative to these, the natural brand of choice for discerning athletes who demand the very best.
What’s the Job?
This role is responsible for overseeing all European sports sponsorship assets (excluding motorsport) and the overall commercial performance of the sub-division ensuring targets are met and exceeded.
Key to the role is senior stakeholder management at each of the European sponsored assets including implementation and ongoing management of business and sponsorship reporting.
Working closely with the Chief Sports Marketing Officer, The Director of Sports Marketing - Europe is responsible for managing and delivering renewals of existing sponsorship contracts.
Working closely with the European Sports Marketing Managers & Club sponsors, the Director of Sports Marketing - Europe is responsible for identifying and delivering against incremental Team/sponsorship revenue opportunities.
Ultimately, the Sports Marketing Director is fundamental and responsible to delivering partnership, commercial and brand goals.
What will I do?
- Working with the Chief Sports Marketing Officer, Commercial Director - Europe & FD set annual revenue targets, by Team, Sport and across the portfolio of assets
- Work with and mentor Senior Sports Marketing Managers and Marketing Managers to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Primary point of contact for all assets senior stakeholders across the portfolio.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of business reporting to senior stakeholders.
- In conjunction with internal design and sourcing departments, develop the critical path for each season and sport taking into account development, sign-off and delivery of all Pro Team club and retail requirements.
- Monitor year-on-year Team licensed pricing to ensure within contractual parameters and delivery against each assets respective P&Ls.
- Lead the renewal process of existing Teams and sports sponsorship assets within the portfolio.
- Identify and deliver sports sponsorship opportunities outside the traditional operating categories/sports (if commercially viable).
- Working with Teams sponsors, identify and deliver new revenue opportunities and brand initiatives.
- Working with the Senior Sports Marketing Managers and Sports Marketing Managers identify and deliver professional and academy player targets in conjunction with any brand ambassador programme.
- Working closely with sales teams ensure provision of key information and associated materials to support licensed growth within wholesale accounts.
What skills and qualities will I need?
- Extensive experience in similar industry
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven people management, mentoring and coaching skills
- Experience of developing & successfully implementing commercial strategies
- Proven ability in delivering budgets & managing opportunities & risk
- Ability to understand commercial priorities and respond accordingly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion, energy and aspiration in line with Castore products, brand, values & people
- A consummate professional and commercially astute
- Strong self-awareness, communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, creative and entirely flexible; thrives on positive change
- Confident and capable in leading a team, with strong coaching and mentoring skills
- A positive and proactive approach and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills are essential.
- Flexible and adaptable to commit fully to this highly demanding role particularly in areas where there are multiple stakeholders.
- Computer literate and proficiency with MS applications, especially PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work collaboratively and openly
- A Better Never Stops Attitude
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- An opportunity to work with global sporting partners
- A chance to build a career with a fast paced, high growth brand
- Generous staff discount